Resources for U.S. Citizens in Afghanistan
Please register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This allows us to better assist you in the event of an emergency and to keep you informed regarding security issues and consular services.
- Medical Resources in Afghanistan (PDF 141Kb)
- Lawyers in Afghanistan (PDF 120Kb)
- Letter of Introduction for U.S. Businesses Operating in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan Country Specific Information
- Social Security and Federal Benefits
- Marriage in Afghanistan
- Afghan Visas: Information for U.S. Citizens
- Tax Information
- U.S. Embassy Kabul's Guide to Earthquake Preparedness and Survival (PDF 577Kb)
- Internet Dating and Romance Scams (PDF 108Kb)
Phone: +93 (0)700 108 499
We answer the ACS line from Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00 (excluding U.S. and Afghan holidays).
To report an emergency involving a U.S. citizen: +93 (0)700 10 8001, during normal business hours and after hours.
The phone numbers listed above are NOT to be used for visa inquiries.
Register With Us
- Please Register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This allows us to better assist residents and travelers in the event of an emergency and to keep you informed regarding security issues and consular services.