Resources for U.S. Citizens in Afghanistan
Please register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This allows us to better assist you in the event of an emergency and to keep you informed regarding security issues and consular services.
- Medical Resources in Afghanistan (PDF 113kb)
- Lawyers in Afghanistan (PDF 120kb)
- Letter of Introduction for U.S. Businesses Operating in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan Country Specific Information
- Social Security and Federal Benefits
- Marriage in Afghanistan
- Afghan Visas: Information for U.S. Citizens
- Tax Information
- U.S. Embassy Kabul's Guide to Earthquake Preparedness and Survival (PDF 577kb)
- Internet Dating and Romance Scams (PDF 108kb)
Phone: +93 (0)700 108 499
We answer the ACS line from Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00 (excluding U.S. and Afghan holidays).
Emergency Line:+93 (0)700 201 908 This line is ONLY to be used for reporting an emergency involving a U.S. Citizen. From the United States, please call 011-93-700-201-908. The ACS Help Desk and Emergency Line phone numbers are NOT to be used for visa questions.
Register With Us
- Please Register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This allows us to better assist residents and travelers in the event of an emergency and to keep you informed regarding security issues and consular services.