Ramadan in America
U.S. Embassy kabul would like to send our best wishes to Muslims in Afghanistan and around the world. Ramadan Kareem. Each year, millions of Muslims celebrate Ramadan in America, joining the more than 1.5 billion Muslims celebrating worldwide.
Did you Know?
- Muslim Americans living in the United States feel more hopeful and consider themselves better off than they did three years ago (Source)
- The oldest existing mosque in America, The Mother Mosque, was built in 1934, sits on a quiet residential street in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. (Source)
- In 1999, the U.S. State Department hosted its first Iftar for Muslim Americans at the State Department. (Source)
- In 2001, the U.S. Postal Service issued their first stamp honoring Eid al-Fitr. (Source)
- Iftar dinners at the White House during Ramadan have become regular occasions since the mid-1990’s. (Source)
Articles and Publications