Contact Information and Hours
The U.S. Embassy is located at Great Masood Road between Radio Afghanistan/Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul. Visitors to the Consular Section must enter the Embassy through the south entrance which is located next to the Ministry of Transportation/Radio Afghanistan.
American Citizen Services Unit:
Appointments for U.S. Citizens are available Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You must have an appointment to enter the Consular Section. The Consular Section is closed on all U.S. and Afghan holidays. Please go to the Appointment System page to schedule an appointment.
ACS Help Desk: +93(0)700 108 499
Sunday through Thursday: 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
ACS Emergency Line: +93 (0)700 201 908
24 hours a day. This line is only to be used for reporting an emergency involving a U.S. Citizen.
The ACS Help Desk and Emergency Line phone numbers are not to be used for visa questions. If you have a question regarding visas, you must use the email address below:
- Non-Immigrant/tourist visas: KabulNIV@state.gov
- Immigrant visas: KabulIV@state.gov
- Special Immigrant Visas: KabulSIV@state.gov
It is not possible to bring the following items into the Embassy. Please leave them at home or in your car:
- Weapons or hazardous materials of any kind;
- Mobile phones or pagers of any type;
- Electronic devices such as car door openers, iPods or PDA’s;
- All beverages, including bottled water (please see below for infants);
- Shampoo, lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, perfume or similar toiletries; and
- Suitcases or large handbags.
Register With Us
- Please Register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This allows us to better assist residents and travelers in the event of an emergency and to keep you informed regarding security issues and consular services.