Public Access to U.S. Embassy Kabul
The U.S. Embassy is located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan/Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul. Visitors to the Consular Section must enter the Embassy through the south entrance which is located next to the Ministry of Transportation/Radio Afghanistan. You will then be directed to the Consular Section. Prior to entering the Embassy, you will be screened in accordance with Embassy security regulations. Please take note of the information below in order to more efficiently process through the security screening.
It is not possible to bring the following items into the Embassy. Please leave them at home or in your car:
- Weapons or hazardous materials of any kind;
- Mobile phones or pagers of any type;
- Electronic devices such as car door openers, iPods or PDA’s;
- All beverages, including bottled water (please see below for infants);
- Shampoo, lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, perfume or similar toiletries; and
- Suitcases or large handbags.
The following items can be allowed under certain circumstances:
- Baby formula, food, milk or juice, as well as sanitary items essential for an infant; and
- Medication and medical items prescribed to the applicant and essential for the visit.